Now is your chance to interview Toyah! Sort of!!
Got a question you’d like to ask Toyah? Post your question in the comments section at The Official Toyah Facebook page.
Toyah will answer a selection on video for a new webisode of ToyahTV which will accompany her September blog at www.toyahwillcox.com.
Thinking caps on!
Toyah gets ‘Up Close & Personal’ with an acoustic gig at Stroud Subscription Rooms
There is a unique chance to experience musical legend Toyah up close and personal at Subscription Rooms, Stroud, next week.
Fresh from her diving on the latest series of ITV1’s Splash, pop icon, TV presenter and stage/screen actress Toyah presents this lively unplugged/storytellers-style gig with her full band.
• Continue reading at the Gazette.
Who’s Doing The Dishes: ITV: Wednesday 10th September: 4pm
On today’s programme, will it remain a mystery that Toyah Willcox is their celebrity host when she throws a dinner party for four strangers? Join Brian McFadden to find out!
Toyah discusses Kate Bush on today’s World at One. Click below to listen.
Tune into World at One today at 1:40pm, on BBC Radio 4, to hear Toyah on a feature which looks forward to Kate Bush’s opening night of ‘Before The Dawn’ tonight at Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith.
World at One: BBC Radio 4: Tuesday 26th Aug: 1pm
National and international news with Edward Stourton. Listeners can share their views via email: email@example.com.UK or on twitter: #wato.
It has now been confirmed that songs from Minx will be included in the Songs From The Intergalactic Ranch House Autumn tour, the first time anything from the 1985 album has ever been performed live by Toyah (though for some reason I thought that ‘Don’t Fall In Love’ had been played live at some point at a PA, I’m obviously mistaken or mis-remembering). Click below for the full tour dates schedule and links to buy tickets.
Saturday’s Pointless Celebrities is available to watch at BBC iPlayer for the next few days.
• Toyah is mentioned in a couple of Pointless-related news articles, published today: Express & Star: Slade star Dave wins Pointless: The musical pair competed against 80s star Toyah Willcox and Level 42 musician Mark King – Continue reading… Shropshire Star: Shropshire singing star Carol Decker put to the test on celebrity Pointless: The other star pairs playing were punk singer Toyah Willcox and Mark King, singer and bass player in Level 42 – Continue reading…
Toyah has uploaded a couple of “webisodes” over the last few days as part of the new Toyah TV.
• Both are available to watch at the Official Toyah Vimeo page.
• ITV Press Centre: Confirmed: Through The Keyhole returns Saturday 30th August at 9.25pm on ITV.
• The Big Issue: Biographer Graeme Thomson: “Kate Bush changed perceptions”: We can trace that line down through everyone from Toyah to people like Florence and the Machine and other modern women. But it goes much deeper than that – Continue reading…
• BBC Radio 4 Extra: A Good Read: Tom Sutcliffe, Mavis Nicholson and Toyah Willcox discuss books by Anne Tyler, Ben Okri and F Scott Fitzgerald. From March 1998. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Famished Road by Ben Okri, Breathing Lessons by Anne Tyler. Listen to the programme, which originally aired in March 1998, at BBC iPlayer…
• The Shuttle: Rock Choir concert is ‘literally electrifying’: Members of Kifferminster Rock Choir joined singer and actress Toyah Willcox for two special performances in Birmingham – Continue reading…
• This Is The West Country: ‘Best and biggest’ Falmouth Week draws in 100,000 people: The party nights at Events Square also drew thousands of people across the week with many adopting fancy dress to add to the atmosphere. Performances by East 17, Toyah Willcox, Fleetwood Bac, Bon Giovi, Joey and the Lips, Company B and Cornwall’s own Rudi’s Message and Kernow King went down a storm – Continue reading…
The Corn is Green: True Movies 1: Wednesday 27th August: 3am
Academy Award winner Katharine Hepburn stars as a schoolteacher determined to help the people of a turn-of-the-century Welsh mining town. With Ian Saynor, Bill Fraser, Patricia Hayes, Anna Massey, Artro Morris, Dorothea Phillips, Toyah Willcox, Huw Richards, Bryn Fon, Dyfan Roberts and Robin John. Directed by: George Cukor (1979).
Punk princess Toyah has announced a performance in September at Birdwell Venue.
She has had 13 top 40 singles, recorded 20 albums, and written two books. She has also appeared in more than 40 stage plays, made ten feature films and presented such diverse television programmes as The Good Sex Guide Late, Watchdog and Songs Of Praise.
She will be coming to Barnsley on September 26.
• Continue reading at the Barnsley Chronicle.
Toyah played Falmouth Week on Friday night and also tweeted a couple of photos from the sold out concert. View larger/full versions of these by clicking below (Photos © Toyah Willcox Ltd)
A Good Read: BBC Radio 4 Extra: Monday 25th August: 6.30pm
A Good Read: BBC Radio 4 Extra: Tuesday 26th August: 1.30am
4 Extra Debut. Tom Sutcliffe, Mavis Nicholson and Toyah Willcox discuss books by Anne Tyler, Ben Okri and F Scott Fitzgerald. From March 1998.
Toyah’s second appearance on the BBC quiz show Pointless Celebrities airs next Saturday (the same evening that the new series of Doctor Who premieres). The programme will be available to watch at BBC iPlayer after airing.
Pointless Celebrities: BBC1: Saturday 23rd August: 5.40pm
Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman present a special celebrity music edition of the quiz that rewards the answers that no-one else could think of. Featuring Mark King and Toyah Willcox, Carol Decker and Limahl, Dave Hill and Dave Bartram and Antony Costa and Scott Robinson.