Punk princess Toyah has announced a performance in September at Birdwell Venue.
She has had 13 top 40 singles, recorded 20 albums, and written two books. She has also appeared in more than 40 stage plays, made ten feature films and presented such diverse television programmes as The Good Sex Guide Late, Watchdog and Songs Of Praise.
She will be coming to Barnsley on September 26.
• Continue reading at the Barnsley Chronicle.
Toyah played Falmouth Week on Friday night and also tweeted a couple of photos from the sold out concert. View larger/full versions of these by clicking below (Photos © Toyah Willcox Ltd)
A Good Read: BBC Radio 4 Extra: Monday 25th August: 6.30pm
A Good Read: BBC Radio 4 Extra: Tuesday 26th August: 1.30am
4 Extra Debut. Tom Sutcliffe, Mavis Nicholson and Toyah Willcox discuss books by Anne Tyler, Ben Okri and F Scott Fitzgerald. From March 1998.
Toyah’s second appearance on the BBC quiz show Pointless Celebrities airs next Saturday (the same evening that the new series of Doctor Who premieres). The programme will be available to watch at BBC iPlayer after airing.
Pointless Celebrities: BBC1: Saturday 23rd August: 5.40pm
Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman present a special celebrity music edition of the quiz that rewards the answers that no-one else could think of. Featuring Mark King and Toyah Willcox, Carol Decker and Limahl, Dave Hill and Dave Bartram and Antony Costa and Scott Robinson.
Thousands of music lovers turned out for this year’s OsFest.
From current acts The Hoosiers and Union J to 80s star Toyah and the 1970s group The Bay City Rollers, all the acts drew praise from the crowds. Thousands of music lovers enjoyed the two-day event, the fifth OsFest to be held at Oswestry Showground, and the audience showed the Dunkirk spirit by partying on despite the remnants of Hurricane Bertha bringing rain and high winds to the showground yesterday.
Toyah was one of the favourites of the Saturday crowd, as was Les McKeown and his new line-up Bay City Rollers.
• Continue reading at Native Monster.
Secret Diary Of A Call Girl: Sony TV: Tuesday 19th August: 10.35pm
Series One. Episode Eight. After falling out with her agent, Belle meets two women who run a company called Diamond International who invite her into their books. Starring: Billie Piper, Toyah Willcox, Aleksandar Mikic, Jamie Sives, Aislinn Sands and Scarlette O’Harlette.
The Dames Of Fame: Vintage TV: Monday 25th August: 9am
New! We’ve put together a selection of pop’s most iconic women in our ‘Dames of Fame’ playlist. A juicy mix of everything girl’ from Madonna to Bjork, Chrissie Hynde and Toyah!
• Border Counties Advertiser: Picture Gallery: Music fans enjoy OsFest 2014: Hundreds of revellers enjoyed a day of great music – and sunshine – on the opening day of OsFest 2014. Rock band The Hoosiers, 1980’s punk star Toyah Willcox, rapper Wiley and legendary Scottish band Bay City Rollers were among the headline acts entertaining fans on the Park Hall Showground on Saturday (Photo © Border Counties Advertiser) – Continue reading…
• Shropshire Live: Top music acts head to Shropshire for Osfest: This weekend sees well known musical acts heading to Shropshire for OsFest. Taking place at Oswestry Showground, names including including Union J, From The Jam, Toyah, The Hoosiers, Conor Maynard, The Bay City Rollers will be performing sets as the festival celebrates its 5th birthday – Continue reading…
• Native Monster: Preview: OsFest: Music spanning four decades will come to Oswestry Showground this weekend as OsFest marks its fifth birthday. The festival features top chart acts including Foxes, Union J and Wiley, as well as names from past decades including Toyah, the Bay City Rollers and ‘From the Jam’ – Continue reading…
• Shropshire Star: OsFest: Yesterday 80s star Toyah tweeted about her frustrations getting caught up in traffic delays heading to the festival – Continue reading…
• Toyah @ OsFest 2014: Toyah Willcox performing a cover of the Billy Idol track ‘Rebel Yell’ Live! at Osfest 2014 on Saturday 9th August (Thanks to Mark) – View here…
Listen to a selection of live tracks, which have previously appeared on the Official Gigs page at toyahwillcox.com, in this new archive section. Over 20 different live tracks to listen to…
• View all of Dreamscape’s “Live Tracks” by Toyah posts…
The Vintage TV Sessions: Vintage TV: Friday 22nd August: 11pm
Five great acts sing two songs apiece at our Vintage TV Sessions: indie rockers The Struts, punk princess Toyah Willcox, singers Judie Tzuke and Josephine, and Nik Kershaw.
Celebrity Fantasy Homes: BBC Lifestyle (Sweden)
Wednesday 20th August: 11.40am
Toyah Willcox. Series 2, Episode 2. Toyah Willcox is looking for her fantasy home in a dream location. The original punk girl has set her heart on moving to Richmond.
Toyah’s August blog is now available at The Official Toyah Willcox Website. Click below to read.
Could songs from Minx be played live this Autumn for the very first time? – An excerpt from the latest Breaking Through newsletter mentions the possibility: “The autumn live dates as previously reported will focus on the Safari catalogue with some resurrected rarities putting in an appearance. There’s also a chance that one or two (maybe even three!) selections from Minx may just make a live debut too. They will be tried in rehearsal so it’s all still to play for. It would be the first time ever they’ve been performed in a Toyah set list”.
The Vintage TV Sessions: Vintage TV: Friday 15th August: 11.00pm
Bringing you all the atmosphere, excitement and intimacy of a live gig for your viewing pleasure are our Vintage TV Sessions. And we are very proud to present, from the brilliant Bedford pub in Balham, five more awe-inspiring acts performing two songs each. Taking the stage for our third sessions are glam rocker Alvin Stardust, singer songwriters Leddra Chapman and Newton Faulkner, Gabrielle of ‘Dreams’ fame, and northern indie collective The Jar Family. Our own Toyah Willcox is your host.
Celebrity Antiques Road Trip: Yesterday: Monday 18th August: 2pm
Celebrity Antiques Road Trip: Yesterday: Tuesday 19th August: 0.00am
DJ Tony Blackburn and punk rocker Toyah Willcox take to the road, scouring the shops of York and Pickering in the hope of finding some poptastic period pieces to flog at auction.