Sunday night’s John Shuttleworth’s Lounge Music, which included Toyah as a guest, is now available to listen to at BBC iPlayer.
The show is also repeated on BBC Radio 4 Extra on Friday morning. (Photo © Toyah Willcox Ltd)
John Shuttleworth’s Lounge Music:
BBC Radio 4 Extra: Friday 1st August: 7.30am
John Shuttleworth invites musical guests to his Sheffield home to sing one of his songs and one of their own, if they are lucky. 3: Mary is not happy, as John has invited Toyah Willcox to the lounge and she is worried that Toyah will live up to her wild 80s image and wreak havoc in the house.
• Toyah is also mentioned in this new article: The Independent: Graham Fellows: ‘I can’t do John Shuttleworth for ever’ – Read here…
The latest issue of Breaking Through, Toyah’s Official Newsletter, was mailed to subscribers on Thursday. As always it includes lots of news, with info on gigs, TV appearances, books, DVDs (The Official Toyah site now has its own dedicated Toyah Shop) and more. There’s also an interesting look back at Toyah At The Rainbow and four free Toyah songs to download.
• Subscribe: Sign up to ‘Breaking Through’, to receive regular newsletter updates, here.
An exclusive new photo book has been made available by Ilse Ruppert, featuring never before published, and frankly quite amazing, photos of Toyah. These photos were taken by llse whilst Toyah was on a German promotional trip to Hamburg for The Blue Meaning album in 1980.
You can buy the book online at blurb which also carries a preview of the full content.
• The book is only available via blurb and the link will only be available for a short period. (Info Source: Breaking Through)
Can you believe it’s almost a year since the first fanzine? Dreamscape TOYAH Fanzine is celebrating its first year with two new issues. These are the final ones of 2014 and until, at least, Spring 2015. Pre-ordering is now open and will remain available until 24th August – Full details and ordering links by clicking below.
I am hoping to continue with these in 2015 as I have more ideas for special issues (The Blue Meaning?), cover designs and linked features (Anthem, Desire, More Iconic Images, Love Is The Law…) and much more…
• SohoCreate: What Does Creativity Mean To You? (SohoCreate 2014). Includes Toyah – View here…
• Classic Pop: Win tickets to see Toyah on the Songs From The Intergalactic Ranch House Tour - Details here…
• Cat Machine: Format Rules: Thankfully lot of the bands I was really into were very conscientious when it came to giving their fans value for money. During the Safari years and at the peak of her chart success Toyah was constantly determined not to rip fans off – Continue reading…
• Vampires Rock: A gallery of photos from a few years ago (Page Two of the gallery – Thanks to William Gray) – View here…
• Shropshire Star: Osfest apology after Faith pulls out: Paloma Faith today apologised to people who had bought tickets for Osfest after pulling out with less than a month to go to the event… A host of other well-known names will be at the festival at the Oswestry Showground, including Union J and Luke Friend, Toyah and the Bay City Rollers – Continue reading…
Toyah’s new Artist Central page at Amazon UK…
Another recording of Toyah with Rock Choir, at Birmingham Symphony Hall last weekend… A little less “Somewhere in the distance…” than the previous one. (Thanks to Janine)
The line up for this year’s Pointless Celebrities series has been announced by BBC One. Beginning with an August 9th comedy special, the upcoming series will feature different themes each week. Toyah will guest (her second appearance) in the third show of the new series.
Pointless Celebrities: BBC 1: Saturday 23rd August: Time tbc
Music. Featuring Antony Costa (Blue) & Scott Robinson (5IVE), Carol Decker & Limahl, Dave Hill (Slade) & Dave Bartram (Showaddywaddy) and Mark King (Level 42) & Toyah Willcox.
Toyah will be guesting on a future edition of the new ITV show Who’s Doing the Dishes? She recently tweeted about filming with Brian McFadden. Dates and times unknown at present.
Brian McFadden is hosting a new ITV daytime show. Who’s Doing the Dishes? will feature four diners trying to guess which celebrity’s house they’re in and whose food they’re eating each day for a week. Each episode will see a different celebrity cooking up meals for their guests, while the host will watch from the kitchen via a monitor.
Stourbridge choir members join Toyah at fundraising concert
Stourbridge Rock Choir members joined forces with punk legend Toyah Willcox at a concert in Birmingham.
Singers from the town group formed part of the Midlands Rock Choir who took to the stage for a fundraising concert at Birmingham’s Symphony Hall on Saturday July 19.
Choir leader, Christa Hugo, who runs weekly Rock Choir sessions in Stourbridge, was thrilled with her choir members’ performance.
• Continue reading at Stourbridge News.
News just in from promoter of York show. This Thursday’s acoustic gig at The Duchess York has been re-scheduled. New date not confirmed but later in year. Refunds can be sought though from original place of purchase in meantime if need be. Friday’s acoustic show at Settle Victoria Hall is all confirmed and going ahead as planned. Apologies for any inconvenience. (News Source: Official Toyah at Facebook)
Toyah performing at yesterday’s Rock Choir event in Birmingham Symphony Hall. ‘It’s A Mystery’, ‘Angel In You’ and ‘Sensational’. Sounding great with the choir.
Toyah and The Humans tell Strange Tales
Two live UK dates for The Humans, in April of 2015, were confirmed yesterday by toyahwillcox.com. Tickets for both dates will go on sale soon.
They will play at The Talking Heads, Southampton (Thursday 16th April) and The Garage Music Venue, Swansea (Friday 17th April).
• More gig news soon at toyahwillcox.com. Browse all of Dreamscape’s recent news on The Humans here. Keep an eye on The Humans Official and Sugar Rush: The Humans Fansite to stay updated on the band.
Rock Choir 2014 takes place today and this evening at Birmingham Symphony Hall.
Toyah has been tweeting about the event over the last couple of days.
“RockChoir Choir sounds absolutely mega. Sensational, Angel In You, Mystery….WOW, i cant wait“, “Just rehearsed Rock Choir B’ham Symphony hall. Moved me to tears. Crimson Queen songs are Sensational“.
• Browse all of Dreamscape’s Rock Choir related news here.
Slideshow: Toyah Willcox at One Voice
Toyah Willcox comperes the One Voice event which saw about 1,500 school pupils join together to sing at Rotherham’s New York Stadium.
• Continue reading/view the slideshow (just one photo of Toyah) at The Star. (Photo © The Star)